Welcome to Nelson Coachlines - SBL Group Ltd;
the regions primary transport provider. Whether you're a group or individual, we'll ensure you arrive in safety, comfort and style.
SBL Group has been providing bus services to the Nelson region for over 85 years. We operate a range of bus and coach services including;
- NELSON COACHLINES - our competitive charter and tours division
- NBUS - Nelson's local public bus service
- INTERCITY COACHLINES - scheduled services within the Nelson, Marlborough and West Coast regions with connections throughout the country
- ABEL TASMAN TRAVEL / COACHLINES - transport to the national park with optional boat, walk and kayak packages
- NELSON SBL TRAVEL CENTRE - booking agent for Intercity, interisland ferries, Kiwirail, Nbus and most other regional and natonal transport. no booking fee.
- LEISURE TRAVEL - day trips and tours for senior citizens.
- SBL SERVICES - school bus transport
- SBL Group's large and reliable fleet extends from local school buses through to 4+ star tour coaches that can seat up to 53 people and of course the charismatic 69 seat double-decker.
New Zealand is undoubtedly beautiful and we’re privileged enough to enable tourists and travellers to share in that beauty. But with great privilege comes great responsibility, a responsibility we at SBL group take very seriously, as we have for 85 years. We’re committed to keeping NZ as unspoiled as possible, not only for the future of tourism in the region and country but also for future generations of kiwis and visitors to come.
This commitment is conducted through all aspects of our business, from energy and waste management to emission monitoring and conservational initiatives. Whether it’s the progressive shift to a fleet of Euro 4 standard vehicles, simple recycling around the yard or a driver’s commentary advising tourists to ‘pack-it-in pack-it-out’, this is a full time commitment.
With this in mind we at SBL are proud to fly our Qualmark Enviro Silver flag high.
Tony Cumming – Managing Director.