At Nelson Coachlines, we believe it is possible to implement controls that allow us to work together to prevent or reduce the environmental impact of our operations.
Our commitment is to:
- Protect the environment;
- Prevent pollution; and
- Continuously improve our operations as they relate to environmental aspects.
To achieve these goals, we will seek to:
- Minimise emissions from our vehicles by investing in training for all our drivers to ensure they use an environmentally sustainable driving style;
- Closely monitor the development of hybrid and electric vehicles for possible opportunities for expansion along those pathways;
- Ensure all waste is captured and disposed of correctly;
- Minimise the impact of all toxic substances we use through:
- Sourcing less harmful alternatives;
- Recycling all waste containers where possible;
- Securely storing all hazardous substances; and
- Training all staff in spill prevention and spill clean-up.
- Encourage staff and customers to respect the environment by reducing waste and encouraging recycling wherever possible; and
- Carry out regular reviews of our processes to verify compliance with this policy.
General Manager – 01/10/2022